Friday, June 24, 2011

Time for Reflection

Remember way back to yesterday when I said that it might get messy?

I have got to start being really careful what I say.

It wasn't because of yesterday's painting challenge - it was just because of the way life goes. Yesterday, life just kept on going and going and we never actually completed (or started) our painting challenge.

It was a day full of:
"I reeeeaallyy need purple high tops!"
"What did that dog get into? Get the hose. Stat!"
"But you called and said my prescription was ready"
"Boys, report cards came."
"Hello, Summer School? I need to enroll That One in a couple of classes."
"Would you like know how many soda cans I found under your bed? Just guess. Oh, that's right, you're not all that swift at math."
"Mom, I don't think Bandit is breathing."

Yep, we ended our day with a guinea pig funeral.

Just so you know, when you are required to preform a guinea pig funeral in the summertime it's a pretty sure bet that the ice cream truck will drive by with those crazy twinkling bell sounds at the very crescendo of tears and unfathomable grief.

After a guinea pig funeral you really don't feel like doing anything else.

A Sponge Bob push-up does lessen the sting a little, though. Thank you, ice cream guy. You came through this time.

The moral of this little saga is this: don't worry if you can't always stay up to date on these challenges. They are meant as an embellishment to your life.

Kind of like sprinkles.

Jump back in when you can.

The White Sheep is now okay with his grief and thought it should be his turn to Magic Bowl it.



Awww, that's a sweet one.

That Girl wanted to know what a childhood was. I told her that means all the time you are or were a child.

And then she screams, "BUT THAT'S MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE!!! I CAN'T PICK ONE FROM MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE!!!"

And the messiness continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments right here ...